Funding secured for Apex Park upgrade
Council will receive a $500,000 grant through Transport for NSW’s Boating Now Infrastructure Program to undertake improvement works at Apex Park.
A report on the funding was considered at the June Council meeting and included feedback received at the community forum and via the Your Say website.
The erosion of banks from wave actions and improvement of the amenity of the Lake Albert surrounds are identified in the Lake Albert Management Plan.
The proposed improvements to these areas will not only address the erosion issue but will significantly enhance the appearance and improve lake access for boating and recreation activities.
Under the proposed funding agreement, Council is required to commit $200,000 in a cash contribution and $30,000 of project management and in-kind works.
The improvement works will include:
- Renewal and resurfacing of the existing car park
- Formalising and surfacing of the grass overflow car park
- Widening and renewal of the existing boat ramp
- Installation of solar car park lighting
- Installation of geo-fabric bags for erosion control
- Installation of boat tie up points
- Installation of additional waste disposal point
Consultation has concluded