Help develop the concept for a northern sporting precinct
The City of Wagga Wagga is currently seeking input from the community on a concept to develop a northern sporting precinct on Charles Sturt University (CSU) land.
The need to develop a suburban playground, park and sporting facilities, public amenities and connecting infrastructure in the northern suburbs has been identified in the draft Recreation, Open Space and Community Strategy.
During consideration of required facilities a potential opportunity has been identified where the City could partner with CSU to develop such an environment on their land. This would see both organisations working together to deliver a quality asset for the local community.
If pursued this concept could see facilities developed in partnership with CSU on land adjacent to the University’s existing Peter Hastie Oval.
Project elements that have been identified for possible inclusion are:
- Suburban(District) Playground
- 2 x rectangular sporting fields
- A community facility
- Shelters, picnic tables and BBQ’s
- A skate park (or other recreational facility)
- Netball court/s
- Stormwater Infrastructure
- Connections that improve accessibility and increase the connection between the University and adjacent suburbs
What do you think of the concept? Do you have any ideas or suggestions?
Submit your thoughts before Friday 31 March 2017.
Consultation has concluded