Results are in for project priorities
More than 420 people took part in a poll to prioritise projects for the NSW Government’s Stronger Country Communities Fund (SCCF).
The results put the community’s priorities in the following order:
- Female change room facilities at three sportsgrounds
- Develop adult laydown change facilities within the CBD for people with a disability
- Upgrade and enhance existing parks, playgrounds and community facilities
- Upgrade amenities at Anderson Oval and Frenchs Fields
- Install footpaths to connect our communities
- Social infrastructure for the nine rural villages in our community
Council will now apply for the top three projects.
The review process, which will involve consultation with the Member for Wagga Wagga, will consider the results of this poll.
Seven people nominated a new project. Some of these do not fit the criteria for the SCCF program and are being considered by Council staff separately, while others will be considered for year two applications of the program.
Applications will also be developed for some community projects that have been identified in consultation with the Member for Wagga Wagga.
Consultation has concluded: Council will now submit funding applications for the top three projects and other projects identified in consultation with the Member for Wagga Wagga. Read more.